The Rev. Greg Han: ListenLearnLove

This week’s guest blog is courtesy of The Rev. Gregory Han who describes himself as “half-Asian, Midwestern-raised, Jesuit-educated, Harvard-trained, Texas-residing, Presbyterian Minister.” Since moving to Houston in 1998, Greg has worked at the intersection of religion, education, and dialogue. After a year as a hospital chaplain, Greg served Presbyterian congregations for eight years. He then taught courses in the study of religion and ethics, as well as high school English literature, for six years. He’s […]

Continue reading

#ListenLearnLove – Challenging Times

My friend Sonia Solomonson has written what I’ve been thinking this summer. I thought you’d resonate with her thought and appreciate her insights. Thank you Sonia Solomonson for your thoughts in your March Blooms & Butterflies newsletter.   Can’t We All Just Get Along? By Coach Sonia Solomonson To say these are challenging times is an understatement. And to say that people are more contentious, frustrated, angry and fearful than ever also is an understatement. […]

Continue reading

After COVID-19: Guest Blog by Annette Petrick

Covid-19 has impacted every aspect of life and the end is no where in sight. I thought for this week’s #ListenLearnLove blog, you’d appreciate the insights of Annette Petrick. We are e-mail acquaintances thanks to an introduction by a mutual on-line friend. Annette recently sent this out to her followers. She did a good job summarizing what we’ve recently experienced and how to move forward whenever this pandemic is finally declared history. I highly recommend […]

Continue reading

#ListenLearnLove: Pace Yourself

Today’s guest blog for the Summer 2020 theme #ListenLearnLove comes from Steve Lee. We know one another from long ago outdoor ministry days. I asked him to write a guest blog because I’ve been impressed with his level-headed,  compassionate, informed Facebook posts and responses. His motto for life is: “Live as if Life and Love were the same thing . . . for they surely are.” This summer we are inundated with compelling news and calls […]

Continue reading

Father’s Day

When author Patrick Bailey offered to write a guest for Father’s Day, I readily agreed. The following are his thoughts about the crucial part fathers play in the lives of their children. Why The World Needs Good Dads: A Look Into The Importance Of Fatherhood Amidst the highly-celebrated Mother’s Day with great emphasis on the sacrifice of maternal figures in our lives, what is often overshadowed is the important role of fathers. Fatherhood is an […]

Continue reading