Have Voice, Will Travel
In my childhood my brothers nicknamed me “Chatty Kathy”. I do like to talk. I’d love to talk to your group. I’ve spoken at conferences, retreats, workshops, and classes for groups as small as a handful to as large as several hundred.
Below are a few topics I’ve spoken on before. Whether your group and your budget are large or small I will work with you to find a topic and plan that works for you. I specialize in helping churches and non-profit organizations become as effective as possible with the resources available.
Suggested Speaking and Retreat Topics
- Will our children be generous? How to raise generous children and grandchildren in a “I want-focused” culture.
- Preparing teens and young adults to succeed in a consumer-driven culture.
- Marriage is forever. Except when it isn’t. What does the Bible really say about love, marriage, and divorce?
- Marriage today is far different from when our ancestors were saying, “I do.” Perhaps they knew some things about marriage we’d benefit from knowing.
- Children can’t raise themselves. Tips for how we can maximize the potential and minimize the pitfalls for the children in our families and communities.
- What happens when people pray? Why should we? How should we?
- Bible studies that look at both the “Then and There” context and the “Here and Now” applications.
- Disaster Response: What to know before you go to help clean up.
- Disaster Response: What to expect when the storm is over and the cleanup crews arrive.
- Why abused women don’t just leave and how you can help them.
- Tips for Non-profit boards with great ideas and limited resources.
Suggested Venues for Speaking Engagements
- Adult study groups
- Book club
- Service organizations
- Non-profit boards and committees
- Parenting groups
- Senior citizen groups
- Church retreat centers
Rates and references available upon request. Contact me for further information.